Aid to Stranded Travelers
9 a.m. - noon, Monday - Friday
Closed on holidays
The Transient Aid Center provides services to nonresidents who find themselves stranded, in crisis situations, in the Phoenix area.
For assistance, the client:
- Must have a picture ID
- Will have been in the Phoenix area four weeks or less
- Has a support system elsewhere in the country, usually a family member or employer, who is able to commit to housing and food upon the client's arrival
- Custodial evidence required for any children traveling
- License, registration and insurance required for gas assitance
Through intake and assessment, the TAC Vincentians:
- verify a support system at the destination
- attempts to establish co-funding so St. Vincent de Paul and the support system share expenses
- give the client a bus voucher, gasoline voucher or debit cards for car travel
- provide showers, clothing (Ministry to the Homeless), and travel food (SVdP pantry)
If TAC is unable to provide assistance, Vincentians provide referrals such as other SVdP ministries, employment services, day labor agencies, shelters, or other area services.