Vincentian Connection winter issue hits mailboxes this month!
Readers of St. Vincent de Paul's newest Vincentian Connection can expect an issue chock-full of storytelling that reports back to the community on some of the groundbreaking work of 2022. The issue hits mailboxes this month starting Dec. 9.
On the cover is James Davis, one of the more than 60 residents to move out of SVdP's Washington St. shelter since its whirlwind opening in May. His story helps demonstrate the shelter's trailblazing model. He also lends a face to some of the overall reporting on the shelter's context, statistics and success thus far.
Additionally, the issue shares about SVdP's new smartphone app connecting donors who can instantly give when a family or individual in crisis shows up at SVdP's doorstep.
"This year felt particularly rapid in SVdP's expanse to do more and reconnect as we saw our way beyond the pandemic," said Marisol Saldivar, who serves as the magazine's editor and is the public relations and brand manager for SVdP. "Nothing exemplifies that rapid growth quite like our shelter and housing efforts—whether it be the new 200 beds on Washington and 28th streets or the community excitement around our app that is keeping people in their homes. I hope readers and our greater community see their generosity at work and the many blessings they make possible."
The full winter 2022 issue of Vincentian Connection is available in print on campus and online.
Inside the issue:
- Meet SVdP Phoenix's new CEO Shannon Clancy in a Q-&-A
- Inside SVdP's new neighborhood shelter redefining homelessness solutions and one resident's journey from the street to his own apartment
- New app connects Angels to families in crisis
- Gathered at last for the Restoring Hope Community Breakfast
- First-time homeowner Nina Lindsey's story of hope after brain surgery
- After raising her children in the Family Dining Room, one mom volunteers to give back
- Medical Clinic saves Denisse Paola Bernal Ibarra from rare hereditary disease
- President's Column: Celebrate the Dignity in Each of Us
- Brief on Steve Zabilski's big send off and last day as CEO
A Thousand Thanks to individuals and organizations that helped the second half of the year
Need to update your magazine subscription?
Contact us at 602-261-6879 with any address changes or subscription requests.
Stay up to date on all the inspiring SVdP stories!
Our magazine shares only a few of the many stories SVdP tells throughout the year. Get inspired monthly by subscribing to our Society of One Million e-newsletter.
A life-saving diagnosis from SVdP's Dental Clinic
If Yolanda Pulcio hadn't visited our charity dental clinic for the uninsured, she might never have learned about a more serious condition.
Remote working from shelter, a new normal
How Kris and Maggie are rebuilding their lives by holding down jobs from a SVdP shelter