Vincentian Connection spring 2023 issue is out!
With some powerful photography, big developments and unusual volunteer work, readers are in for quite an update on the happenings at St. Vincent de Paul with the spring 2023 issue of Vincentian Connection. The magazine began hitting mailboxes April 28.
On the cover is Kendrick and his daughter, who received the gift of an apartment full of furniture, including a new crib for Kendrick's baby girl through SVdP's new Bringing Hope Home program. Powered by SVdP's thrift store and transportation teams, Bringing Hope Home comes in after SVdP has helped rehouse a family or individual to provide quality furniture and household essentials so that individuals and families have stable starts to their new lives.
And on page 14, you can learn all about SVdP breaking ground on a new building that will provide 100 beds and transitional housing wraparound care to unhoused seniors, veterans and adults with disabilities. Additionally, the building will house a veterinary clinic for the companion animals of SVdP's guests and also have a dedicated space for workforce readiness programming.
Last but not least, is the interesting sound work happening at our Mesa Urban Farm thanks to volunteer Jim Dilettoso, who plays sound and music at certain frequencies to help the plants grow more food faster.
"If you have time to read nothing else, I hope you'll spend a moment digging into the farm feature and Jim's sonication work to help produce grow," said Marisol Saldivar, who serves as the magazine's editor and is the public relations and brand manager for SVdP. "Not only is it unexpected and fascinating work, but also shows the expansiveness and creativity SVdP embraces as it welcomes all people, talents, and ideas that help us feed, clothe, house, and heal our community."
The full spring 2023 issue of Vincentian Connection is available in print on campus and online.
Inside the issue:
- Introducing our new housing initiative Housing 2025, which seeks to rehouse 2,025 people by 2025
- President's column: Rising Leaders, a chance for the next generation to practice servant leadership
- Bringing Hope Home program supports rehousing efforts with household essentials and delivery support from SVdP thrift stores and transportation teams
- Farm volunteers revolutionize the way we grow food at our urban farms, all with noise from a speaker.
- SVdP breaks ground on Ozanam Manor II, a 100-bed temporary housing facility for unhoused seniors
- Meet one of our new Ozanam Manor case managers, who is also a former SVdP Scholarship recipient
- How a 14-year-old boy from Anthem turned a diabetes diagnosis into an opportunity to help his community
- One of Rising Leaders' inaugural members shares how SVdP's newest young professionals group is helping her grow
A Thousand Thanks to individuals and organizations that helped the second half of the year
Need to update your magazine subscription?
Contact us at 602-261-6879 with any address changes or subscription requests.
Stay up to date on all the inspiring SVdP stories!
Our magazine shares only a few of the many stories SVdP tells throughout the year. Get inspired monthly by subscribing to our Society of One Million e-newsletter.
Bingo and other games bring the spice of life to Ozanam Manor
Oz guests are having more fun than ever B-4!
Working his way from homelessness
SVdP's Workforce Development program gave Dennis support and community in his journey to regain his stability